Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Of Fish & Ponds

This Blog post is coming at you straight from Nassau Bahamas. Yes I am in Paradise (that's actually the name of the place I am staying!!) and I am in my room writing a blog!! Why? Because last night was the closing ceremonies of the Exit Realty 20th Anniversary Convention & Awards, and I am so inspired by the experience I have had here!


WOW! This week has been amazing and I have gained so much from being surrounded by the top producers in my industry! When I used be a professional equestrian, my coach David O'Connor used to always say that the best way to become a champion, is to surround yourself with champions. There's no glory in being a big fish in a small pond. One of the best things about Exit is that a new agent can walk up to a seasoned pro and ask questions anytime.


"If you are at the bottom reach up, if you are at the top reach down." That's an excellent philosophy.

We are all unique individuals and we should strive to use our differences to better ourselves in the way that best suits our personalities, strengths & weaknesses. Every time I met another agent, bar none, I felt like we were part of an extended family and I felt a mutual respect and camaraderie instantly. We were told many times to foster our differences and embrace them smiling. What makes us different, makes us good. It never mattered what pond we were from.

The biggest fish in North America were honored this week, and I am more than proud to say that I walked across the huge stage and got a hug, a handshake and an award from the founder of Exit himself. It was quite exciting to be recognized for my efforts. Seeing the size of the pond that Exit has created was eye opening and has inspired me to keep swimming upstream to get to the bigger ponds, with the bigger fish. I am not here to be mediocre.

A big shout out goes to my broker Val, her husband Kim and all the gang of colleagues and their spouse from Nova Scotia that traveled here. Also a high five to the new friends I have met while here!

Dallas TX 2017 - Here we come!!

1 comment: