Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Well behaved women rarely make history

"We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silent"
~Malala Yousafzai

 Interesting idea that makes me think back on the women I know that have made a difference, whether it be in their own pursuits or the lives of others. I have know many inspirational women over the years and it is true that the outspoken ones have had the most impact.

My mother was never the type to back down from any sort of challenge, she was and is a driving force in everything she does. While we 3 siblings were growing up, in addition to working full time as a nurse, she usually took over the sports organizations that we were part of in order to make them run more smoothly & efficiently (and more to her liking). She was the type that would never back down, especially if she was in mama bear mode and was protecting her children.

As a professional athlete in one of the only Olympic sports where men & women compete equally, women were gritty and tough as nails. Combine that with the fact that the sport was considered an Extreme Sport and very dangerous, and you get women competing with broken collar bones, broken ribs and other extremely painful ailments. If that's not tough, I don't think I understand the question.

As a girl that was raised by a tough woman, and spent most of my life in what people refer to as the "Heartbreak Sport", real estate was an easy transition and I am very excited to be doing what I love. I am often the one thinking outside the box and trying things that others won't consider. I think this winter I will continue down that path and try some new avenues & projects... Stay tuned! You never know what I will come up with next! 


Are you inspired by a strong woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment