Translate

Monday, January 23, 2017

Bonkers for Cat Forts

I have had a Bonkers past week. Bonkers because I negotiated FOUR accepted offers on listings for my seller clients. Bonkers because I have several new listings coming up and buyer clients looking for properties. Bonkers because sometimes my line of work takes me on the most ridiculous of adventures. 
Bonkers, but I love it!

It is pretty awesome to have this much business on the go in January. I am thrilled to be able to bring good news to my sellers and so excited that we can get things done in the dead of winter when usually there is very little happening. I have been chatting with other agents and it may be that the weather has been cooperating and it's been hovering around freezing without any "Polar Vortex" weather like in years past. 

*It may be that I have turned into a real estate sorcerer and I cannot be stopped. Only time will tell.*

The craziest thing that happened this week though was getting a call from a Buyer that I had shown a property to that was vacant but had a few semi-feral barn cats still hanging out as the owners were not able (through no fault of their own) to take with them when they left. These cats are fat and the neighbours have been supplying them regularly with food & water, they are spayed and vaccinated as well, but just too wild to catch.
The Buyer was losing sleep over the cats, and wanted to go back to the property to fashion some cat forts for them. No problem with me, I do this kind of thing all the time. LOL!

She arrived with a truck full of cardboard boxes, bales of straw, blankets and pet beds!! We lugged the gear up into the hayloft where the cats had been nesting in leftover hay and got to work. A short time later we had fashioned a large cat condo for them to pile into together, it was pretty great I must say! Then we thought that maybe they don't get along so the next project was to construct several smaller, single family homes in various locations around the space so they could have their privacy if need be.
After a while of both of us fluffing blankets, filling beds with straw and finding the ideal location for each abode, we got to laughing about what kind of crazy animal lovers we must be in order to go to such lengths. It was actually a really fun time, and I will for sure be stopping in to see how they are enjoying the cat-forts ASAP.

The buyer though informed me that when I go to check them out - if it looks like the cats have rejected the homes, that I should just tell her the opposite! Felines are fickle as we all know!

There's never a dull day in this line of work! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment