Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wrong Place, Wrong Time!

Is there such a thing as being too confident? I recently had a majorly comical moment which was directly correlated to me thinking I was at the right place, at the right time. But I was NOT!

I had negotiated a deal for a client who is a friend of mine, I have known him for a while and he's got a very outgoing, gregarious personality. I had to stop in to see a couple of his family members (who I do not know at all, have never met them). My client gave me directions, I called ahead to book the appointment and arrived feeling like I already knew the people.

I pulled into the driveway and called out to the woman by name, I got a funny look but carried on, unfazed. I got out of the car and followed her into the house, jokingly I asked if I was at the right place. No response. The husband peered around the corner at me quizzically so I thought to myself "my friend certainly doesn't get his jocular personality from his parents, odd bunch".

I took off my shoes and headed into the house with the paperwork, exclaiming that it wouldn't take long, you know, to set their minds at ease because they obviously weren't thrilled that I was there. Finally one of them pipes up "um, what paperwork?" I replied with the clients name, a blank stare was returned. I started to get a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, and a bit more softly repeated the clients name followed up by a repeat of the question "Am I in the right place?"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! As it turns out I had gone to the property next door by accident, it's a good thing such mixups don't embarrass me! I promptly put my shoes back on and got out of their home, I can only imagine what kind of questions must have been going through their heads!
"Who is this lunatic in our house? Why is she here?"
"Are we selling our property? She seems to think so..."
"Is this a gag TV show? When is the punch line?"

I thoroughly enjoy a harmless mistake and love to share these hilarious mishaps with others for the purpose of a good laugh! I hope you enjoyed my story! My confidence is a great asset and occasionally a comical liability.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Can just see you! Discovered your blog today when I googled Opal Award. Talk soon, Bev

    ReplyDelete