Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

You Might be a REALTOR® if...






These are funny because they are TRUE! Ask my husband, friends, family and anyone who knows a REALTOR® personally!

Let's get started, and may I just say that I am guilty of many of these characteristics... tsk tsk tsk!

You Might be a REALTOR® if...

1) When you head down to the pub for happy hour you call it a  "networking lunch" and bring business cards.
(let's be real, my pockets are always stuffed with cards)


2) Your professional headshot is plastered all over your business cards, car, website, YouTube channel, Christmas cards, luggage tags, facebook profile, local grocery store, hardware store, 7-11, community hall, mall entrance and anywhere anyone shops.

3) When buying a printer you ask the salesperson if this will stand up to bouncing around in your "mobile office" i.e. the trunk of your car.

4) Your sales team includes your spouse, children, siblings, parents and the family pets.
(this one does not apply to my dog... he's a total jerk to strangers)


5) You are more lost without your phone than a teenage girl on a Saturday. You will return to retrieve it even if you are only going to Timmys for a coffee.
(the overwhelming, sinking feeling when you are out of cell range is very similar)


6) Your holiday cards are actually a giant ad campaign.
(happy holidays, have you seen my professional headshot?)

7) Your daily workspace includes your desk at the office, the passengers seat in your car, your dining room table, the top drawer of your bedside table... any flat surface will do!
(I am guilty of having scraps of paper EVERYWHERE, and if it doesn't get entered into my phone schedule, it doesn't happen.)


So here's the question, why is this particular profession so broadly sweeping with advertising?
I'll tell you why. Because everyone needs a place to live. And we all know that buying property is an excellent long term investment. It baffles me to no end that people spend a huge portion of their monthly income on rent, when that could be going towards equity in a home.
Here's where I come in. I am able to help you make the shift from paying someone else's mortgage to investing in yourself.

As a REALTOR® I am acutely aware of everything it takes to purchase property. There are piles of documents, with hard to understand legal jargon. There are inspections, mortgages, insurance clauses and tests to be done all within a strict timeline. This is my profession and a huge part of my life, helping all sorts of people invest in their future is truly amazing and I absolutely love it.

The final "You Might be a REALTOR® If..."

8) The most exciting and rewarding part of my job is to hand over a tiny key and welcome someone home.

No comments:

Post a Comment