Translate

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Love Trumps All

Buying or selling property can be extremely emotional, and I see it every day. I get excited about my job, and to be entirely frank here, part of the reason I wanted to get into this profession was because my REALTOR® when I purchased my last home was... less than enthusiastic about the transaction. I am not sure if we didn't have a large enough budget for her to get excited about us, or if she was just too busy to really listen to what we wanted, or if she was just more reserved than I am used to. The truth is I was a little disappointed that she didn't 'get' how monumental this was for us.

Recently I have been involved with 2 sales of inherited lands representing the seller. One of those parcels had been in the same family for over 100 years. When even contemplating selling this type of property, emotions run high and there is more at stake than other sales. I get it. It takes a great deal of tact, understanding and compassion in these cases, and I always try to put myself in my clients shoes in any sale. Often times these sales involve one or two actual clients, but a whole slew of family members and everyone has to have an opportunity to say what they need to say, in turn.

Another recent negotiation for buyers came together after much deliberation and a very long period of time between the first showing and subsequent offers being made. 3 generations of family members were involved and even some in laws and "outlaws". It eventually came together favourably for all parties and I made the triumphant phone call to my buyers to congratulate them (Oh Man, I love making that call!!!) I got both buyers on speaker phone and announced their victory, much fanfare and whooping ensued followed by a brief recap of details. Congratulations all around, many thank yous and then the sign off, in her emotion filled euphoria the buyer (who has been a friend for almost 30 years) squeaked out a jumble of words, followed immediately by laughter and an explanation... she was so excited she had professed her love for me! This made me burst into laughter and I reciprocated, to much more laughter and giggles...

You see there is something so deeply personal about trusting someone else with the largest single transactions most of us ever make in our lives, which is intrinsically linked to the emotional centres of our brains, we can't help but feel connected at the time.

Are you ready to fall in love again? Perhaps not with me ; but with a property that makes you want to shriek and blurt out jumbled professions of loooove?! Call me, I am ready to take that emotional journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment